Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What I Learned

Well, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say anything yet, but seeing as they announced it in their blog...

Belle Bridge Books is going to publish my middle school novel, What I Learned About Being a Cheerleader.

Here's what was reported in Publisher's Marketplace:

Feb. 19, 2010

Reported in today's Deal News:

Adrianne Ambrose's WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER, the humorous, endearing diary of a middle school geek who wins a spot as a cheerleader that changes her life, to Debra Dixon at Bell Bridge Books, in a nice deal, for publication in July 2010 (World).

So, hooray! I'm excited that they want to get it to press so quickly. Belle Bridge Books have been nothing but pleasant so far. Plus, they yanked my manuscript out of their slush pile, so I'm definitely complimented.

If all goes smoothly, it looks like the fabulous Ted Naifeh will be illustrating the cover.

Here's a little Ted art to keep you happy:

Batman_batgirl_color

No comments:

Post a Comment