Friday, May 1, 2015

What I Learned From Being a Cheerleader

I actually was a cheerleader in eighth grade. And it was almost as disastrous as Elaine's experience in What I Learned From Being a Cheerleader. It turns out that the popular girls weren't very pleased that a geek had made it onto the squad. But my cheerleading experience wasn't what originally motivated me to write What I Learned From Being a Cheerleader. I actually started writing the book as a way to deal with my frustration from living under a pack of noisy neighbors in an apartment I was sharing with two other women. The neighbors were five guys and a girl, who all lived together (this is San Francisco, after all. It's too expensive to live alone) and as a group they were incredibly noisy. We tried everything to encourage them to be considerate, but it was beyond their capabilities. I guess I thought of Elain's grandmother as a way to finally teach the neighbors a lesson about living in a tightly-packed community.

I'm delighted to announce that What I Learned From Being a Cheerleader will be part of the Amazon Daily Deal tomorrow. - May 3rd. It's a great opportunity to grab an e-copy at a discount price. Here's the link:

What I Learned From Being a Cheerleader




No comments:

Post a Comment