Monday, July 26, 2010

I Survived Comic Con 2010!

For those of you who have been to San Diego for the con, you'll understand that my title is perfectly serious. For those of you who haven't attended, understand that there is always a point at Comic Con where you fear you are going to collapse from exhaustion and be slowly trampled by attendees shuffling to get in line for the Scott Pilgrim experience or enter the lottery to attend the True Blood panel.

More on comics later, but in the meantime, two more reviews came out for What I Learned From Being a Cheerleader.

Emily from The Ninja Librarian gave the book a nice review. One of my favorite lines from the review: "This book brought me back to my sixth grade self in a big way." - Thanks Emily!

p.s. - LOVE the idea of a Ninja Librarian!

Also!

Melina from Reading Vacation gave the book a read. One of my favorite lines from the review" " I appreciate that Ambrose got Elaine’s emotional and maturity levels just right. The tween voice wasn’t overdone – it was perfect." This is a huge compliment because Melina is 11, so if she said I got the voice right, then I got it right. Yay! - Thanks Melina!

No comments:

Post a Comment