Sunday, October 16, 2011

H.P. Mallory talks about selling ebooks

H.P. Mallory was kind enough to do a mini-interview about her latest title, How I Sold 200,000 ebooks, A Guide for the Self Published Author:

AA - You have a new book out and it's non-fiction. What can you tell us about it?

HP - Well, I've hosted quite a few sessions on self publishing and I get a ton of emails from authors asking for advice so I thought it would be a great idea to put out a book detailing everything I did to get where I am today, that's my newest release, How I Sold 200,000 ebooks.

AA - What tricks of the trade can readers expect from
How I Sold 200,000 E-Books, A Guide for the Self Published Author?

HP - Quite a lot actually. Here is the bio:
* What is the best approach to take when creating book covers
* How to optimize your book's description page
* Choosing the category of your book
* The question of pricing your book
* The importance of Social Media and, more specifically, Facebook, Twitter and Blogging
* How to get reviews including interviews with leading Review websites such as Dear Author
* What to feature on your website
* The importance of Search Engine Optimization
* A Q&A with the people from Pubit!, the self publishing platform of Barnes and Noble
* The seven steps of self publishing success from the owner of Smashwords, one of the largest and most well known self-publishing platforms
* Tips and tidbits from Goodreads, the world's largest online book club website
* And so much more!
AA - If you could ask one famous person from history three questions, who would it be and what would you ask?

HP - Shakespeare: Did you really write everything or was it Mary Sydney pretending to be you?

Jane Austen: I would just tell her how much I admire her work!

AA - Name three authors that have influenced your writing. What do you love about them?
HP - Jane Austen: Just love how she characterizes men.
Karen Marie Moning: Love the action and romance and mystery of her Fever Series
Laurell K. Hamilton: Love how badass Anita Blake was!

AA - What will be your next fiction title and what can you tell us about it? When do you expect it to launch?
HP - Great Hexpectations is my next title and that is due to release on Halloween 2011. It is the third installment in my Dulcie O'Neil series, about a fairy in law enforcement. This book will see Dulcie traveling to the Netherworld and it will be a wild ride!

AA - You are currently running a super-cool contest. What is it and how can people enter?

Before each of my releases, I run a contest whereby the winner becomes a character in my book. I'll be posting a new contest for the next Jolie book, probably next month!

Thank you H.P. Mallory!

No comments:

Post a Comment